Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My First Massage...Ever


My first massage…ever.  I had never had the opportunity to get a massage – mainly because they are way too expensive, and also because I am so ticklish I thought I would cause a scene.
In Chiang Mai, the four of us had pounded the pavement to find the cheapest oil massage in town.  We each paid 150 baht for a one hour oil massage.  That equates to a five dollar massage, or about five cents a minute.  It was amazing. 
But, I was curious about the infamous Thai massage – which was an option in Chiang Mai of course, but it looked so incredibly painful, I didn’t think it would be a good starting point for my first massage ever.
But in Thoeng, I got my first Thai massage… and I loved it.  Yes – it was occasionally painful, and it was a little scary because they bend your body in ways I’m not sure it is supposed to bend, but I loved it. 
I am afraid I just unleashed another hobby that will shrink my bank account in the years to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment