![]() |
| With final papers, exams and a thesis proposal defense, this little guy accurately describes how I feel at the moment :( |
I realize that all too often I tend to write blog posts that
highlight the amazing sights, sounds, smells and tastes that I am experiencing
here…however, after reviewing my posts, I am worried that some of you do not
believe I am actually a full-time student.
Let me prove you wrong in one post.
Although I may not reiterate the massive amounts of reading,
endless hours of class, tireless sums of edits and re-drafts on papers, and
through-the-roof stress levels, trust me, it is there. Cramming a two-year Master’s program into 12
months of course should be understandably challenging, however I had no idea
the extent of the work load.
To put it in perspective – in the past two weeks directly
following the Convention, I have spent on average, ten hour days in the
library, followed by an additional four hours of “late night library.” I have eaten over fifty-six 7 Eleven sandwiches
and have so many different research books stacked up in my apartment I made a
life size Jenga tower of books.
I currently am enrolled in five courses and then of course,
there is this teensy thing called a THESIS.
So, in addition to attending classes, I must write final term papers
(consisting of roughly 15-20 pages each) and research, write and defend my
thesis proposal…all before June 1st.
Ready. Set. Go!

No comments:
Post a Comment