King: You will order the finest gold chopsticks.
Anna: Your Majesty, chopsticks? Don't you think knives and forks would be more suitable?
King: I make mistake, the British not scientific enough to know how to use chopsticks.
Anna: Your Majesty, chopsticks? Don't you think knives and forks would be more suitable?
King: I make mistake, the British not scientific enough to know how to use chopsticks.
| Mmmmm...Tom Yum soup :) |
| Fish Panang Curry...my favorite! |
From the minute I arrived, I was in awe of the masses of food carts that lined the streets, blocking traffic and causing chaos to the already crowded markets in downtown Bangkok. I was a little shy to approach a stall at first – in part because I didn’t speak the language, and in part because I didn’t know what I was eating, but in the end I decided that life is too short and one should explore!
So while I may not be able to tell you what all I ate, I can tell you it was DELICIOUS. Orgasmic some might say. The unique flavors and delicious spices in American Thai food are only brought out more here in Thailand – to utter perfection.
| Traditional Thai dessert - Noodles over ice...it was delicious! |
At this point in time – I would just like to give a shout out to my stomach and digestive system. I have not had any issues (yet – I don’t want to jinx this!) but I have heard some pretty miserable experiences. Thank you for being such a champ and absorbing all that spice like a pro.
Ashley,
ReplyDeleteYour blog is not only very firsthand informative but amazing in every way! It sounds like a very respectful and beautiful culture! I am learning about this country through you! Please continue to blog and add pics on this awesome and incredible journey of yours!! :) Can't wait for more!! Diane from gym :)