Sunday, September 25, 2011

First Glimpse of Bangkok


After a 17 minute connection to make my flight from Beijing to Bangkok (with lots of chaos running through security with Immigration shouting at us in Chinese), another 5 hour flight and two lost bags, I am in Bangkok. My host Rotarian picked me up at the airport and was incredibly nice. Driving through Bangkok to the hotel, I had my face pressed against the glass, trying to see the tops of the amazing brand new skyscrapers equip with neon lights that surrounded the area and lit up the sky.
Night Sky in Bangkok
I check into the hotel, drop my backpack in the doorway from exhaustion (at this point it is 1:45 am Thailand time and I have been travelling now for over 22 hours and several time zones), and run straight to the panoramic window on the 27th floor of the hotel that overlooks the Bangkok skyline.
J They say Thailand is the Land of One Thousand Smiles…and if this is true, then tonight there are 1001 big big smiles J

No comments:

Post a Comment