When I was younger in Africa, kids would run for MILES just to touch Kate and my blonde hair. Kate and I thought they were crazy and a little rude to start grabbing our hair, but our parents explained this was something they had never seen before and they were just excited...

Well, yesterday, I was coming back from Chula, and I saw an elephant...walking down the middle of the highway. He was walking along cars, buses, taxis, motorbikes were zipping in and out...I have always had this passion for elephants and think they are beautiful creatures, but I kept telling myself I would have to wait a while before I saw one, because they live more up north way outside the city. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would see an elephant walking down the highway next to cars, buses, and tuk tuks.
I don't know what came over me, but I just started RUNNING towards this elephant, just like those little kids in Africa. Thankfully, the owner/driver was nice, he could see I was mesmerized, and he stopped and let me pet his elephant. It was by far, the coolest thing I have ever done :)
This elephant obviously wasn't the one I saw on the road, but I did see him a few days later and couldn't resist posting these pictures ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment